Ok, so back tracking a bit first..... Last week when I signed up for this round of 12wbt I weighed in at 76.2kgs. This morning I weighed in at 75.6kgs - a loss of 600g this week which I am happy with because I had an icecream and a toast (with butter and jam) hiccup on the weekend. I have been exercising 3-4 times a week between 300 and 700 calories. So I clearly have room for improvement and this is another one of the reasons I have signed up again.
On the forums Tricia has set a challenge for those returning members to make a goal weight for the start of the season. Mine is 73kgs (or less of course) and there are 4 weeks to get there - so a sensible goal for me.
On a more exciting note - I am doing my very first triathlon in Nowra on Sunday 22nd January. It feels like I have been training forever to get to the first real tri as I was very nearly there at this time last year when I got repeatedly sick for 6 months (1 flu, 1 lung infection, and 7 colds.....). But feeling good and really ready to do my Sprint (750m ocean swim, 20km cycle, 5km run). It will be hard, but I am only competing against myself and my triathlon club (Balance and UTS) will be supporting me all the way.
I have also started thinking about my exercise milestones for this 12wbt round for weeks 4, 8 and 12. None of my triathlon events fit this at all so I thought I would add hiking as my milestones/treats. The Wild Endurance 100km (50/50 relay) walk is on in the Blue Mountains on the perfect weekend (5th and 6th May) so I think that will be it - does anyone want to join me?

No comments:
Post a Comment