12WBT Rnd 1 2012

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Pre-season week 2 and Triathlon

800g down this week and 1 triathlon up :)

I had a ball on my first triathlon in Nowra on Sunday. After 18 months of building up to it (took longer as I was knocked out with illness for 6 months last year). It was a sprint distance = 750m open water swim / 20km cycle / 5km run. I was slow, but did not stop and know where I can push a bit harder when I do my second Tri in 3.5 weeks in Husskisson. I can't wait and am addicted already!

I have also set my goals as per Mish's instructions for pre-season and included in that is to do the NSW Triathlon Australia Club Champs in Forster at the end of week 11. It is a 1km ocean swim / 30km cycle / 8km run. So I have my training cut out for me. Luckily my Tri club (Balance and UTS Triathlon Club) is putting together a 10 week training schedule specifically for the Club Champs. I am so excited! I love the training and the building up to a goal and then achieving that goal. It feels so good!


This picture is of me (middle) and two other successful 12wbt-ers (Mel on the left and Kim on the right).

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on completing your first triathlon! I'm still a long way off my first but you've proved that if you work hard for a long period of time you can achieve amazing things. Best of luck with your training for Forster.

    Cheers,
    Cujo.

    ReplyDelete